University Research Council is composed of Research Deputy, Research Manager and some faculty staff members.
*Evaluate and confirm new research fields and programs for proposal to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
* Evaluate and confirm proposed short term research programs.
* Evaluate methods for cooperation with governmental and non-governmental research agencies and determine the criteria for such cooperation.
* Plan the admission of teachers' research plans according to the University potential and in accordance with the developmental plans of the country.
* Review and find a solution for research problems and challenges.
* Assess the academic and research problems of the University and provide adequate solutions and a general evaluation of the University performance.
* Evaluate and approve the proposed plans and programs of the specialized councils such as Young Researchers Club Council and prepare and approve the internal rules of order and the regulations of the university.